Saturday, March 22, 2008

Christa Tanella: Why does she suck??

Okay well, i just opened this blog so I thought I'd post a couple more entries since i probably will forget to do it late. Here's the dealio:

Why does she suck? She finished last at the 2007 Senior Nationals. Thats pretty sad. I mean she;s a perfectly fine gymnast who is taught by WOGA's best, but i just don't understand how she finishes last at like everything. Now, i'm just bringing this up because her site just got redesigned. By the WONDERFUL person who is : gym-style.com
www.gym-style.com/christa

i mean but come on! She trains 32-35 hours a week is 16 years old and still isn't very good. I applaud her really, for coming in last this long. That takes perserverance, but you would think she would drop back down to Level 10 so she could do semi-good. I'm guessing she's looking for a college scholorship [and not for the olympics i hope because she ain't getting that!] but, what college is going to be like "You know what, i want Christa Tanella because she keeps coming in last... that takes hard work... and skill!" I just think it would boost her appeal for college if she were to drop back down.

I mean, i don't mean to make her sound INSANELY bad, because she's a lot better than me. But, her A scores are lower than most juniors and she is definitely just not even on the same level as everyone else. I'm guessing its lack of natural talent but i don't know. Of course, she does have WONDERFULLY BEAUTIFUL lines and her artistry reminds me faintly of Nastia liukin [without all the falling] What do you think?

5 comments:

calgymnastbc said...

Christa did NOT finish last at 2007 US Nationals.

cccam said...

psh! haha my mistake! sorry it was Alania Johnson! [well technically chellsie memmel... haha but she only competed on one event so yeah]

anyway, she finished 5th last soorrry. My mistake, but i stand by what i said about her. even the good stuff. i really do like her, i just think its in her best interest to move back to level 10. but hey, its just the opinion of a 15 yr old girl with a blog. =]

Emily said...

Reading this post after knowing that Christa has signed with the GymDogs makes me smile. Perhaps her reason for staying elite was to keep herself in top shape physically so she didn't become the next Hollie Vise who gets recruited and shows up at college not being able to kip. I applaud Christa's dedication to gymnastics and am really happy she made it to Georgia :)

cccam said...

I agree with you emily! and i can't wait to see her when she competes for georgia!

Unknown said...

Wow, the irony. Christa is pretty much bombing for UG and Hollie Vise is so lovely this season.